Welcome to the official website of Continental Societies, Inc. Metropolitan Philadelphia Area Chapter. You are invited to join us as we begin our 25th year of service to children and youth in our community.
Our National Motto: “Our Children, Our Commitment, Our Concern”
Our chapter was chartered by 18 remarkable women on October 25, 1997. Since 2007, the chapter has grown and now has a current membership of 45 members.
Our programs are executed by focusing on the five Programmatic Thrusts (H.E.E.R.+) Health, Employment, Education, Recreation, and the Arts and Humanities in the community consisting of Philadelphia and surrounding counties. Some of our past activities in recent years, which are also included as part our National Initiatives:
- Health-Healthy Eating and Anti-Bullying
- Education- STEM/College Readiness and Survival
- Health-Red Ribbon Week
- Literacy-National Read Across American
- Oral Health: Colgate Dental Van
You will notice a pivot in programming last year due to the global pandemic. Our programs included:
- Virtual holiday reading of Twas’ the Night Before Christmas
- Virtual African American Read -In
- Provided listening devices for primary students to enhance virtual learning
- Supported students at the Philadelphia Multicultural Music Program.
- Partnered with Samaritan Feet with distribution of new footwear, socks, and swag bags for 500 children
- Provided toiletries for residents at Center for Families
Last year our chapter’s annual fund raiser was a virtual “RaffleMania” where funds were raised to support graduating seniors as they begin their college careers. Over the past eight years, we have awarded over $110,000 dollars in scholarships.
While visiting our website, we hope that you gain more information about our rich history, chapter programs and service to the community.
Lyn Thompson Gibson
President, Metropolitan Philadelphia Area Chapter